Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Enchanted August




On Saturday evening, Penny and I met Holly and William and Rachel, Mandy and Lydia, and Judi and Terri O, all the way out in Santa Clara (past Fillmore close to Ventura) to see the play Enchanted April in a small community theater there. We had such a good time together. Grammy contributed $50 toward our dinner before the play so she could feel like she's had a little part in the fun, and Holly and Judi arranged for the tickets. The play was simply wonderful. It's a story about a group of women in the 20s who decide to spend a month in a villa in Italy. They barely know each other and each has a story of their own and reasons to escape their somewhat dreary lives following the first world war. They find Italy to be truly enchanting and they come to terms with their problems. It was funny, well acted, and a great little theater. The kids that once were all just toddlers are now old enough to sit through a play written for adults and understand it and enjoy it. These pictures tell the tale, and I thought I'd share--turns out to be an Enchanted August as well!

On the way home Penny and I played a practical joke on cousins Cel and Mike. Even though it was almost midnight we stopped by their house and dropped off a chair that I had picked up on the side of the road leaving it on their front porch with a note that said, "lonley chair, heard a welcome here." You see, Cel has a fondness for old chairs and has 14 hiding away in her attic! Penny and I collapsed into bed in a heap of giggles. The first words out of her mouth the next morning were, "has Cel called yet Grandma?" Sure enough, Cel called and knew it had to be me that left the chair. Why would she think such a thing?

8 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like loads of fun. William especially seems to be enjoying his time with all the gals :)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

I noticed. He looks downright, um, well, not happy. But in truth he did have a good time.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Just-Me said...

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that I really like your blog. I've been reading for a while, and I've just created my own and added you to my sites that I like..You seem like such a nice lady with a great family...Hope it was ok to add your site to mine!
Thanks :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

How nice just-me. Welcome to my blogging family!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

looks like a fun pg-13 night.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger harpmom said...

Dear Becky,

Thank you so much for your email to Carlo and for being there for our family at Joe's graduation. I would like to email you - but don't have your address....mine is
jwalth@viedu.org.
Let's chat,
Jean Ann

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Saija said...

taking time to smell the roses, pick up old chairs and enjoy family ... what could be better? :o)

blessings on ya!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Thanks Saija--yep--I went to an event at my cousin's Saturday and when I got home I discovered the chair magically reappeared in my trunk! :) Same to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home