Saturday, May 19, 2007

30 Years Ago Today...


Today is our youngest's 30th birthday. I remember so
clearly when she turned 13 and the realization hit
that I had three teenagers all at one time. It should
have been a bit of a rough ride, but God was so
gracious to us, and our teens were very easy on their
parents. Three teens all at once. Hmmmnn. Then it
was three young adults in their twenties, and now
today, it is three mature adults in their thirties and
three whole families besides. My stars and bars, as
my mother would say. Is it really possible?

But today she is 30. The girl I dreamed of having,
the perfect daughter, the true friend, the one who has
supported me as much as I've supported her. The one
who has given me two of my grandchildren and is about
to have another. The daughter who never asks, who
never complains, who loves her parents, her brothers,
their wives, their children and her entire family with
utter and complete devotion. The one we call Annie,
her Daddy's girl, and her mother's heart.

Happy birthday to the desire of my heart,

Mom

4 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Unbelievable Mom. I am the most blessed woman on the earth with you and Dad for my parents. I love you so much. Thank you for everything.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

Happy Birthday Annie. I hope it is a great one and wish we could be there to celebrate it with you too.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Belle Etoile said...

I hope you had so much fun with your Mom there in Burney! Happy Birthday Sis!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Saija said...

you guys are such a heart warming loving family! what the Lord meant for it to be like!

happy birthday to Annie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home