Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm filled with love for each and every one of you, all the loves of my life.

As I reflect on Valentine's Day, I remember that despite my happy childhood, I sought approval from others, always fearful of not being liked or that someone would be "mad at me." I was often sad on Valentine's Day because I was never popular at school, so I would be one that was left out of receiving Valentine's. Sometimes my feelings would be very hurt. I distinctly remember that it was very painful at elementary school age--when I was first aware of it. And sometimes I didn't have Valentine's to give away because my mother didn't want to buy them, or we didn't have supplies to make them. Or I would forget to have them ready in time for school. But later on in life, I would receive many special Valentine's from girlfriends, boyfriends, my family, and grandparents. But the the most special Valentine's have been from my husband who NEVER forgets and has given me a lifetime of romance and flowers and beautiful Valentine's and loving words. As recent as yesterday on his blog, and today before leaving for work!

I am so thankful that God has given me love--first that He loved me, I received His gift of salvation, and then He blessed my life with each and every one of you. Happy Valentine's Day Loves!

4 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very sweet Mom. Happy Valentine's Day. I love you.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

Happy Valentines day to you too.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Spirit said...

YOU ARE AND WILL EVER BE THE HEART OF MY HEARTS

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Belle Etoile said...

I remember the importance of getting valentines in elementary school. Our teachers always made us get ones for the whole class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home