Friday, December 15, 2006

EmmyAnne & JudiAnne - Side by Side
















Emmy & Annie

It is impossible to describe what it feels like to see and hold and love your children's children. When I look in the little face of Emmy's, my heart doesn't just see that beautiful child, it sees a little deeper. It seems as though I'm looking into the face of my own baby girl and it fills my heart with such awe and wonder that can't be explained. The closest thing I can come to telling what happens in my heart at these moments, is to paraphrase a Scripture passage that describes another Mother,
"And Mary kept these things hidden in her heart, to treasure them, ponder them, and bring them to mind when the future seemed uncertain, and all that she felt and believed about this infant child completely filled her heart with love and absolute wonder."
My heart too, is filled with wonder, and indescribable love and joy.

4 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Your deep love and attention to our children and their welfare is beyond description.
I know the greatest desire of your heart is that our children and grandchildren experience the fullest blessing of God's love in their lives.
Our children and their offspring, and I truly rise up and call you blessed.
By the way do I love you because your beautiful or are you beautiful because I love you?
You truly are the best wife, mother and grandmother a person could have.
Crunch bird, I love you!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

I am truly blessed among women...that's all I can say. All Madonna complex's aside, thank you sweetheart for such sweet words. As you always say, Because of Jesus, Me

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

I dont have grandchildren yet, but I kind of get the same feeling of awe when I look at CC, I feel like I am looking back in time at a picture of myself, it is so weird.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful Mom. She really does look like her momma doesn't she?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home