Friday, October 13, 2006

A Conversation With The Brothers...

What is it Daddy? It's called a baby sister. She's really little Daddy. Yes, we have to be very careful with her, son, we could hurt her if we're rough with her. What is she thinking Daddy? Well, I think she's thinking how nice it is to have two big brothers. Will she like my toy trucks Dad? I think she'll want to play with your trucks so she can give her dollies a ride. Dollies? Yes, boys, she'll have lots of dollies to play with and toy dishes. Will she share her dollies with us? Oh yes, she'll learn how to share by watching "the brothers" share with each other. Is she talking to us Daddy? Yes, she's talking to us with her eyes. Can I take her to school with me for show and tell Dad? I think that would be very special, but we'll have to ask Mommy about that. She smells nice, Dad. That's because she's a little flower. Like Flower the Skunk in Bambi, Daddy? I think that's about right, son! Do you like her Daddy? Sons, she's Daddy's little girl and I will always love her and protect her. Daddy? Yes, son? I like her too. She's pretty Daddy. Yes sons, she's pretty, just like her Mommy.

Freddy, Isaac, Baby Annie, and Daddy - May 1977

7 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Baby sister.."What have I gotten myself into?"

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

"Oh boy, who are these people?" Baby sister.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Little Isaac, "Maybe someday, I can shoot her with a bb gun and pretend I was trying to shoot the shed."

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger The Chindo said...

I know it's only you dramatizing the picture, but this really rings true to my memory.

Medium Freddy, "Can it swing from a tree branch? That would be a GREAT trick!"

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

It reads like a dream. Love it.

Medium Freddy, "Now I can stop blaming all my smells on little Isaac."

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

Oh boy, brothers can be something else!!! But what would I know...my bro is like my own child :)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Saija said...

wonderful memory ... and you commenters add to it! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home