Monday, September 04, 2006

Family Photo


"When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses." (Joyce Brothers)
When I look at this photo, my mind is flooded with memories of a short weekend, full of activity, love, silliness, laughter, tears, gratitude, exhorbitence, and tremendous pride. First, Annie and her family drove 10 hours in a van with their little ones, Isaac and his family flew all day and evening from Alaska, Freddy worked into the night for days on his special tribute to his dad before meeting Annie at our house and then picking up Isaac at the airport to drive to a Super 8 in Long Beach late at night to be able to make the 8:30 Catalina Express to head for our destination "Island 60th Celebration!" The adventure began in Long Beach--but I'll not detail that madness here! Then, none worse for the wear, we all met in Catalina, excited and ready to make the taxi ride to the beautiful Hamilton Cove condos waiting for all of us. So we did it all, from para-sailing to snorkeling, to kyaking, to playing Rook, to naps, to bbq, to "church in the condo living room," to Pop-Night--culminating in a wonderful tribute to our kids' dad.
How could I ever ask for a fuller life? I ponder and worry, and fret, and pray, and beg God to keep me ever grateful and that nothing should ever happen to my kids or grandkids. I somehow worry that because He is so good to us as a family, that it can't possibly last. But I remember and I know in my heart, that no matter what, He is the giver of every good and perfect gift, and it all comes from Him, the blessings, and the trials that we struggle with day to day.
For today, my darling and wonderful children and grandchildren, thank you for sacrificing your time and resources to spend that wonderful weekend with your dad. It has made a wonderful memory, and I am completely grateful to each of you.
"Gratitude...it fills us with a consciousness that God loves and cares for us, even to the least event and smallest need of life." (Manning)
Love, Mom

8 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

it was our pleasure!!!we had a wonderful time being there with everyone, THANK YOU!!!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for EVERYTHING. It was so great. Can't wait for your 60th.

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Yeah--I think a cruise! And we'll have Bob and Judy and Rob and Tat come too.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Saija said...

you guys look so sweet in similar outfits ... what a happy looking group! blessings on ya ...

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite parts of this pic: Emily's face, my rolls :), and...Daniel's hands.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

Oh My!!!LOL, i never noticed those before, great!!!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Oh my--you are right RJ--you have to blow the pix up--I never see the detail now that I'm dependent on trifocals! Emily is so adorable--and good for Daniel! There's nothing we can do about the rolls!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger sawmaster said...

Did anyone notice Dad doing the splits? I think he was going back to his cheerleading days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home