Tuesday, July 18, 2006

One month from today!

Pretty fascinating to be loading on a big boat to head for Catalina! Well kids, it's almost time to relive the experience! Can you imagine leaving an infant on a ledge like that in the picture? Eeek. Hold on to your little ones hands, and I promise I won't take my eyes off of you!
Twenty six miles across the sea
Santa Catalina is a-waiting for me
Santa Catalina, the island of
Romance, romance, romance, romance
Water all around it everywhere
Tropical trees and salty air
But for me the thing that's a-waiting is
Romance, romance, romance, romance
It seems so distant twenty six miles away ??
Resting in the waters serene
I'd work for anyone, even the navy
Who would float me to my island green
Twenty six miles, so near yet so far
I'd swim with just some water wings
and my guitar
I would leave the wings,
I could leave the guitar
For romance, romance, romance, romance
A tropical heaven, out in the ocean
Covered with trees and girls
If I have to swim I'll do it forever
Till I'm gazing on those island girls
Forty kilometres in a leaky old boat
Any old thing that'll stay afloat
When we arrive we'll all promote
romance, romance, romance

7 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Man, that guy really needed some romance. :)

I can't wait! - We're going to have so much fun. I may even have to get Sophia a new swim suit for this one - it will be her very first time at the beach!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Yep--and we'll have a lovely pool to go to too. And I've got lots of baby sunscreen.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

I would float, sunburned and thirsting to death, all the way from Australia ON A LOG to get to Catalina. Then I would crawl on my bloodied hands and knees past the dancing girls for some shade and a shaved ice.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

You are SOOOOOOO funny. Is that not the craziest poem? The song was really fun though, but the words, oh my goodness! Float on a LOG, my peg leg!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's amazing I survived. Can't wait for all that romance, romance, romance, romance. Oh wait, the kids will be with us. We are going to have so much fun.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Yeah, pretty hilarious--the romance part. Such a fun little diddy! Can you believe I left you on that ledge in your dinky little plastic "infant carrier?" It had a little metal handle that would always come loose and we'de practically drop you and did once or twice. That carrier even carried Ike and through him to the floor when ran a red light and broadsided me when he was about 3 months... Well, all we can do is thank God you survived us!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

What stories!!! O my, I am surprised we're all still here..... Well I am off to Catalina this weekend, I will find some great locations for us. Cant wait to go with the family though!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home