Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Challenge: What Bible character would you like to meet and why?


Hanauma Bay, HA July '06

I once journaled about Bible characters I would like to meet and what I would ask them if I could talk with them. Who would you like to meet?

First, I would love to know how MARY would tell the story of Jesus' birth and His childhood as well as her life with Joseph--was her marriage sweeter because Jesus was her child? When she "pondered these things in heart" did she feel as I do when I stand in awe and wonder at how good God has been to me by giving me each of my wonderful children?
And ESTHER. What was it like when she went before the king? Did her heart nearly leap out of her chest with fear?
EVE. How many children did you eventually deliver? Did you lose any children because of the Fall? And did you know God had a Son, Jesus?
MARY and MARTHA? Were you really just like me when I'm too busy to serve the Lord, and when I sometimes PREFER to be busy? Or are you just like me when I finally give in and worship the Lord Jesus? Or when I do something kind and sacrificial for someone else? Were you surprised by joy as C.S. Lewis wrote about?
THOMAS. When you felt the hands and feet of Jesus did you cry?
And Stephen. When you were martyred, did you only see Jesus? Did you feel inutterable unspeakable pain or did you know that He was right there beside you as you drew your last breath? Did you know instant peace and joy--could you see Him standing at the right hand of God reaching out to take you to the throne of God?
Blessings to you this evening, Family!

7 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Since doing this study on John, he is the one I would most like to meet. I would ask him about his exile the last years of his life, and about what tools he used to write the book of Revelation while out there on that island.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Yeah, you're right--how did he do it? Divine inspiration, for sure, but he couldn't very easily go to the store for more papyrus! I love those words, "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorry, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." And then, "And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." Halleluja!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

I also what like to meet Mary, I have always been fasinated by her and her giving birth to the Savior of the World and what that meant to such a young girl.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with the Mary answer, but I would also like to meet Bathsheba. I wonder what was going on with her life and in her mind to justify her actions with David. Was her husband not all she had expected when she married him? Did David give her what she'd been lacking with her husband?

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Saija said...

i'd like to meet with all you mentioned (and of course we WILL get to meet each and everyone who walked through the bible's pages - cool!) ...

but i think i would like to ask Job & his mrs. a few questions about how they managed ... practical faith questions when faced with real-time pain ...

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

I'd ask Elijah if he'd ever like to go fishing. Not Jonah. He seems like a liability on the water.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Love it TMF Leve it to you to think about the great fish and JOnah. Saija--I look forward to that day! Blessings--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home