Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What a Beautiful Wedding Day...







Our Corie was married Saturday to Justin Gleason and it was a beautiful wedding. Almost the whole family was there and also most of Justin's immediate family. It was sweet to see the beginnings of the blending of two families, two lives, two hearts, two loves. The most wonderful part of the day for me was how many hands helped to make this happen, out of nothing but love for Corie. Truly, the cousins in this family have a bond. They hear the words "wedding" and run to make it happen and start the party planning and buy airline tickets--they hear the words "baby coming" and we're off to plan the shower and share the maternity clothes and baby furniture! What a family!
And the ceremony was touched by sweetness. Fred with his choking up over the history in the church, our own wedding, Bobby and I being on the cradle roll there, the other family weddings there, and also the service for Andy. And Grampy and Grammy, still committed, still faithful to CCC. It makes me think of the passages of time and how precious life is. I loved the ringing of the church bell...it does something to me. I remember asking the wedding coordinator on July 3, 1970, if I could have the church bells ring after our ceremony at 8:00 p.m. that evening. Surely the neighbors wondered what was going on "up at the church" that night! It means so much to me.
I just want to say thank you to Judy W., Judi F., Holly S., Mandy B., Jimbo, Freddy, Charif, Fred, and everyone else who worked so hard to make Corie's wedding so special. And for those who just pitched in and worked the reception, Annie, Charif, Katie, Xenia, Terri O. I probably missed someone--but you know who you are. These are a few of my favorite pictures from the wedding. More posts coming on this one, for sure!

7 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It really was a neat wedding. Your pix didn't work though, bummer.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record, the wedding was for me, the baby shower for someone else! -hope you can get the pics to work, i'm really excited to see the first pictures from justin's and my big day! thanks to you and everyone for everything you did to help make the wedding so beautiful and perfect!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

LOL, that is so funny corie!!! It was a beautiful wedding. Congrats!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

You all know what I mean!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Corie was such a beautiful bride! I was so happy Sophia and I got to be there to share her day with her. I, too, am really amazed by how the family pulls together to make things happen...

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Saija said...

awww sweet! i love weddings ... and families growing ... and love abounding ...

glad you guys had a happy time!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Thank you Saija--the wedding was for my neice and her new husband who is heading to Iraq for 15 months come June. She's in the Army too and is now in Morrocco. It was a beautiful sweet wedding and my husband did the service...blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home