Saturday, October 24, 2009

In it Together...


I had such a nice evening last night--I was invited to join 8 women to welcome two new youth pastor's wives to our church...it was a lovely pot luck dinner at the children's director's gorgeous home out in Simi Valley. Each woman shared how God had led them, how they met their husbands, and what their passion is--for the Lord, for their lives. I was struck how although we each have our own very unique story--a common thread runs through all of our lives--a story of a JOURNEY and of a sure CALLING. I love to tell the story of God's call on my life. I would never have responded to His call had it not been that I fell in love with a young man headed for the ministry. And to this very day, he is serving the Lord, all out, full on, sold out, and to the finish. The first 25 years were so different than these last 16. The first, I was working right along beside him and the churches we served got "two for the price of one!" These recent years I have been working at a career, but not for myself, rather so that he is free to serve in the unique field that he is in. His stories are amazing, heart-breaking, and often miraculous. And I am there for him to come home to and to know that all is well--we're in it together, and we're in it to the finish.

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger The Encourager said...

Thank you Becky for being a true partner in ministry. Your love, support, and prayers are so important to me as I do the work of the ministry. As you said we're it for the long run.
Phillipians 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger The Encourager said...

Thank you Becky for being a true partner in ministry. Your love, support, and prayers are so important to me as I do the work of the ministry. As you said we're in it for the long run.
Phillipians 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love it. Thank you Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home