Friday, October 16, 2009

Whoopie!

Anyone who has known me for very long know that I used to be a skinny person. Until about 45 years old, which was a long time ago now. Not being skinny was somewhat of a shock to me. Never having had to think about what I ate or exercize before, I did nothing about the "new me." To make a long story short, five weeks ago I decided it was time to change. I said my goal was to strengthen my core, not to lose weight. Well a complete reversal in habits has proven to me that you can teach an old dog new tricks--although I had serious doubt that would be possible for me, not to mention the added motivation of aging rapidly, deteriorating joints, various kinds of arthitis, AND, on top of it all, having become "pre-diabetic."

Today I had an experience I thought I would share with my blogging family. Keep in mind, to date, I'm very diligently building up my "core," and I've been eating right for the first time in my life.

Falling off the wagon--Whoopie!

So today I decide I'm going to not eat bkfst at home (I usually eat yogurt, granola and fruit, or fruit and an egg) but to stop at my favorite Corner Bakery on the way in and splurge on the cold oatmeal w/yogurt and chopped apples cup that I like and then have some mocha coffee with non fat milk and no whip as an extra splurge. When I got there they had these new cookies called "Whoopies." There are two kinds: chocolate with a vanilla frosting in between two layers of cookie, and pumpkin with a vanilla looking frosting in between. It was the pumpkin that got me. I HAD to buy one and thought I'd share it with my colleagues when I got in to work, but just have a tiny little taste, just in case it was something I'd need to make for the holidays--you know, for practical reasons. Needless to say, I had downed it before my oatmeal takeout was ready. It was the most yummy thing I've put in my face in months. Of course, I have absolutely no clue as to how far back that thing will set me on my new weight loss and body-building/shaping kick I'm on. I'll know more about that tomorrow when I meet with BRIDGETT, the six-foot perfect specimen of health and bone thin fitness person. Oy.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger The Encourager said...

If you don't watch out you may have to buy a "WHOOPIE" cushion.

Look at the word whoopie and think the next time your tempted to eat something thats not good for your "core" to shout "Whoa Pie" and turn around and resist the temptation.

I so proud of you sweetheart. You are beautiful in the new you.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Thank you, Honey...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home