Sunday, March 23, 2008

40 Easter Sundays...and Counting!

Freddy's family...
The Hollywood Bowl
40 Years Together...
This is our 40th year since we met in 1968. I told Fred today I wish I'd had the sense to get a decent camera somehow when our kids were little and take an annual picture of them each Easter! Instead I've been spending days and nights in my studio trying to sort through the years between 1977 and 1984. It doesn't mean anything to anyone but me, of course, but I can tell you this is a tough assignment. The pictures are faded, there are no dates, and they're all mixed up. So here I am so many years later putting this puzzle piece together! I've now gotten to the point where I'm able to sort by years in a couple of shoe boxes...some of it is so vague in my memory, but I'm doing the best I can. And there are still little stacks piled and spread out on the tables in the garage. But even with the time it's taking, and the poor quality of our photos, every one is a piece of my memory, and every memory is so precious and a treasure.

Today we went to the Hollywood Bowl for Easter Sunrise Service with Freddy's family--this means everyone had to get up and leave the house by 4:30 a.m. I can tell you that Freddy's kids are so great--they did it without one word of complaint! But we had a ball, really. It was a sentimental journey for me as I remembered going to the Bowl in 1965 with my church youth group for a similar Easter Sunrise Service. But then we had to dress up--high heels, dresses, hats, gloves. I remember being freezing cold and very tired on the drive home.

We went to my folks right after the service and I made a yummy brunch for them and then we met up with Freddy's family again for our regular church service--then we went back to my folks to visit a bit with my brother Tim's family, and then we went to the Sportman's Lodge--another sentimental journey--my high school prom was held there in 1968!
I am so thankful for the hope of the resurrection and that it makes a difference today in my heart and in my life. And because He lives, I can face tomorrow.

Happy Easter loves!

4 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great pic of you and Dad. Wish we could've been with you today.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger The Encourager said...

You still are my "Sweetness Personified."

"Do I love you because you're beautiful or are you beautiful because I love you?

This is a time of new beginings and continued growth.

We have so much to live for and are blessed beyond belief.

Thank you for a wonderful Resurrection Sunday.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

it was so much fun, thanks for taking us!!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Just-Me said...

Wow..the Hollywood Bowl at sunrise on Easter morning..how special!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home