Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Grandson Named Jonathan


Today is Jonathan's fourth birthday! And what a fine boy he is. We just got back from visiting him and I enjoy being with him so much--he's sweet and tries hard to be good for his mama. I loved watching him play for hours with his Legos and reading stories, and shopping for Christmas decorations, watching him get a nice big boy haircut, and sitting with him in church. He helped me decorate the Christmas tree and he did such a good job, very painstaking approach! Jonathan says some pretty funny things--many are winners that need to go down in his baby book--what a delightful, bright boy. One such conversation went like this,

"Grandma, I'm really a girl."
"You are not Jonathan! You have a gun."
"Grandma, girls can go shooting with their dads and have guns."
"Well, you've got a cowboy room."
"Girls can be cowgirls too Grandma."
"Well, you've got a penis."

With that, a big huge grin showed up on his face and his eyes twinkled. End of conversation.

Yesterday his Pop-Pop sent him the followiing poem in an e-card--I thought it was darling! (Fred calls him Mr. McGee.)

There is a boy up in Burney named McGee,
This past year his number was three.
He's a boy I adore,
And he's made it to four,
So have a great birthday from me!

Today I remember Jonathan's birth, and the miracle of life and how precious he is to his parents and to us... And how precious he is to Jesus.

5 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very sweet Mom. Made me cry.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

me too!! i love those kind of conversations, he is a very funny boy and i love him too.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger The Chindo said...

Wow! What a boy!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

can't believe he's four. he's a classic already.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Saija said...

chuckling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home