Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

Dessert!

Puppy for Auction!




Last night I had the privilege of attending the 100th birthday Gala Celebration of a very famous cowboy. It was the most glamorous, fancy, expensive and beautiful event I think I've ever attended. (I'm not using the name because I don't want people seeing my post on the internet. But it was at the museum that bears his name.) The dress was "formal western" and there were the most amazing clothes and auction items. There were 1200 people seated at elegant table settings in an enormous tent that had a huge screen that during dinner played scenes from his movies. Then there was a live auction that someone payed $21,000 for a labradore puppy. Several personal items of the cowboy's sold for over $100,000. There were lots of famous people and the entertainment was given by, well, you'll see who they are by the photos! There was a goody bag with fun items too which I'll show my loves when we're next together. I so much wish I could have had all my loves with me--will have to suffice with a few photos...

5 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, lucky lucky mom. That is so so cool.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger coolskool mom said...

how did you get to go to that? so cool and fun.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Tater said...

look at that desert! wow!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Saija said...

and you look lovely in the photo - just like you belonged in this very fancy swaray ... :o)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Just-Me said...

Wow...sounds like fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home